TEXT

WOMEN TODAY ARE INUNDATED WITH ADVICE ON BEAUTY AND IN THAT WHIRLWIND OF INFORMATION IS EASY TO OVERLOOK THOSE TIPS THAT REALLY WOULD BENEFIT. BEAUTY IN EVERYDAY, ALL MAKE SOME MISTAKES THAT WE DO NOT HARM US, WHEN IN FACT THEY HINDER US ACHIEVING THAT APPEALING LOOK.
WE GIVE TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE-UP AN EASIER WAY.
TO LOOK GLAMOROUS AS YOUR IDOLS.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS:

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

5 Bad Fingernail Trends: Are You Guilty of These (I Am)


The condition of our nails speaks volumes about us. While you or I may pay scant attention to our nails, others will. Think of the nasty nails you've seen on display in open-toed shoes and you know what I mean. Showing off out-of-style nail trends also says a lot about us -- mostly that we don't subscribe to fashion magazines. When was the last time you saw a model with a French manicure or nail art?



Fingernails Faux Pas #1: Fake Fingernails

Why in Heaven's Name would anyone make it a beauty routine to get fake jobbers glued to their real nails? They click on everything and make it virtually impossible to pick things up, pull on tight blue jeans and just about anything else one needs fingers for.

My cousin Cat removed hers when she had a baby and she was so excited she could finally pick up her keys. When I told her long, fake nails were "really wrong," she sternly warned me not to say that so loud in either Long Island (where she lives now) or New Jersey (where she grew up).
The only non-tacky length for nails these days is short and rounded. Long nails, simply put, are out.
Fingernails Faux Pas #2: Nail Art

I sincerely hope no one orders a hit on me for saying this, but nail art is tacky. A painted flower on one big toe is cute because it's dainty and unexpected, but ten fingers decorated in swiggles, lightening bolts or glued-on cubic zirconias are wrong.

That said, if you love nail art (in some parts of the country, such style is incredibly sought after), check out these images of nail art. There are loads of ideas for nails.
Fingernails Faux Pas #3: French Manicures

People think French manicures are a classic style but I agree with the editors of a major beauty magazine (the name of which I can no longer remember) who stated quite firmly that French manis are declasse.

Even tackier than French manicures? French pedicures. Find out what happened when I said that on a blog in May, 2006. More than 250 people wrote in the comments section either agreeing or vehemently disagreeing with me.
Fingernails Faux Pas #4: Fingernails of Varying Lengths

This is a major fingernail faux pas of which I am constantly guilty. It is a big no-no to leave one's house with unkept nails of varying lengths (I will never forget the day my friend Deirdre took one glance at my hands and said, "That's just wrong.").

At any given time, one of my nails will be legions longer than the other nails, no two of which are the same length. This is because I have nails of varying strengths. If I let them grow, only the nails on my pinkie and ring fingers would make it to Guinness Book of World Record length. My thumbs? Not a chance. They are always the first to break.
Long nails in general are not popular right now. Even if you have fingernails that are strong as horse hooves, you should aim for a short, rounded nail.
Fingernails Faux Pas #5: Unkept Nails

Chipped nail polish isn't cool. If you are like me and are too lazy for proper upkeep, skip the color and try a clear polish.

Also falling under "unkept": Chewed nails. To stop biting your nails, invest in a manicure. You'll think twice before gnawing on your $20 investment. Plus, nail polish doesn't taste good.
So what type of nails are in? Short, rounded nails. Squares were popular for awhile and are ok, but rounded is really the way to go. Paint nails a bright, dark, opaque (my fave) or clear. Bare nails are also OK if you are too busy for manicures or inately lazy like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment